Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Resurrection Trail/Fox Creek Cabin



So here we are at the Fox Creek Cabin. As in we, I mean Ron, Tom, Jen, Siku, Lady Lou, Dakota, Wrigley, and myself (WHEW!). These photos were taken after a grueling mountain bike ride from the Hope side of Resurrection Trail about 12 miles to the Fox Creek Cabin. The ride wouldn't have been so tough had we not had to slog through thick mud. B.L.E.C.K. I wish I'd taken a picture of my bike, that's it on the left on the first pic, because it was oozing with mud, grass, and chunks of who knows what. Also, I should clarify that the ride was tough only for yours truly. Tom and Jen, along with Tom's dogs, hiked into the cabin. Ron, Dakota and Wrigley made the trip look like a leisurely stroll down a paved bike path. Don't let my smile fool you. So that left moi all alone in the deep mud, also deep in bear country. I was lucky to make it through a muddy section without being either kicked off my bike (proper pedals and shoes are ordered and on their way, yipee!) or burying my back tire in enough mud that I had to get off the bike and wade through the rest of the section. Needless to say, I was getting frustrated, very frustrated. Thank goodness no one was around to witness it...let's just say that I almost broke into the stash of Crown I was carrying in my backpack. But, as my third grade teacher used to say, I turned my frown upside down, glanced around at the breathtaking scenery (maybe not the best idea since my breath was already taken for most of the ride), and finally made my way to the cabin.